The College of Health and Human Services serves to make a positive impact on the health and quality of life of individuals, families and communities in Southeastern North Carolina and beyond. CHHS consists of three professional schools: School of Health and Applied Human Sciences, School of Nursing and the School of Social Work.
The college’s state-of-the-art facilities, including its newest, Veterans Hall, gives our students the opportunity to learn beyond the classroom, better preparing them to join tomorrow’s health and human services workforce.
By making a gift to the College of Health and Human Services Excellence Fund during Seahawks Give, you will be providing critical support for programs and initiatives throughout the college.
Your gift can also provide funding for:
- Need-based scholarships, which are especially important for CHHS’s high concentration of non-traditional and military-affiliated students
- Diversity, equity and inclusion programming aimed at reducing health disparities in Southeastern North Carolina
- State-of-the-art and high-impact learning experiences to build confidence and skills, provide relevant job training and prepare our students to be successful in their chosen field
- Community partnerships with organizations like health care systems, public health and social services to prepare our students to address community health issues in our region
- Service-learning opportunities that expose students to different cultures and social challenges
- Research grant proposal development and start-up funding
A Dean Like No Other
After nearly 40 years in academic and 11 as founding dean, Dr. Charles J. Hardy is transitioning from administration to faculty. He is asking gifts in his honor during Seahawks Give be directed to the CHHS Excellence Fund. He will personally support the effort with a $1,000 matching gift.
<< Back to Seahawks Give homepage