Below you will find answers to many common questions about Give More in 24.
How does the $24 increase work?
- Minimum gift amount is $5 in order to qualify for $24 increase, if eligible
- The $24 increase will be added after April 9th and will not reflect on the giving day platform
- A donor will not receive personal credit or a tax receipt for the $24 increase
- The $24 increase will be transferred to the appropriate university funds by June 30, 2019
1,440 Donor Goal
- Any gift or pledge, to any area, by any constituent, between 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday, April 9, 2019, until Wednesday, April 10, 2019, at 8:00 a.m. will count toward the goal
- Any commitment on an official Give More in 24 gift/pledge form will count toward the 1,440-donor goal if received prior to 8:00 a.m. on April 10
Does my spouse get credit for my gift?
For tax purposes, yes! But for the challenge, credit is only applied to the donor. Encourage your Seahawk spouse to also make a gift!
How do I make my gift?
On Tuesday, April 9, you can make an online gift with VISA, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover cards during the challenge. You can make your gift in person at the Fisher Student Union from 10 am to 2 pm or in Alderman Hall 108 from 8 am to 5 pm. If you'd like to make a gift by phone, call 910-962-GIVE (4483) from 8 am to 5 pm.
What if the area I would like to support is not listed?
You may support any area at the University with your Giving Day gift. To designate your gift to an area that is not listed, please choose "Other" from the drop-down list of "Areas of Support" and select "Other" from the drop-down list of "Fund Designations." You will be prompted to enter the designation for your gift.
Can I count towards multiple challenges or matches?
Yes! Depending on your affiliation and where you give, you may qualify for multiple challenge events during Give More in 24.
Are gifts made on Give More in 24 tax-deductible?
Donors who give online will receive an e-receipt from the Division for University Advancement at the University of North Carolina Wilmington. Due to tax law changes that went into effect on January 1, 2018, contributions to athletics may or may not be deductible based on benefits received. Please consult your tax advisor for guidance on how the tax laws affect your personal circumstances and the deductibility of your gift.
If I make a gift on Give More in 24, will I be counted as a UNCW donor?
Yes! Your contribution may also count toward membership in UNCW's giving societies.
Can I give anonymously?
Yes. If you would like to make your name, donation amount, or both anonymous, you will have the opportunity to do so before you finalize your donation.
Is my payment secure?
Yes. UNCW uses CyberSource that is PCI Level 1-compliant. When making a gift on the giving day platform, Scalefunder, you will be redirected to CyberSource which encrypts all of your information to securely process payments.